Thursday, February 6, 2014

WarGames: the Dead Code - 2008

"WarGames: the Dead Code" - 2008
Dir. by Stuart Gillard - 1 hr. 40 min.

Trailer

by Clayton Hollifield

Well, it finally happened.  I wondered what it would take for me to give a film no stars at all, and we have arrived at the answer in "WarGames: the Dead Code."  The answer is simple: I have to turn the movie off.  I can't pretend I'm disappointed, this film didn't look good to begin with, and literally the only reason that I gave it a chance at all was that it bore the name of one of my favorite films of all time.  I understood going in that there no real connection between the two, but I still figured that if I could make it through a direct-to-DVD "Dukes of Hazzard" sequel with none of the original cast, I could probably muddle through this.

I was wrong, and gave up about fifteen minutes in.  The movie looks like an off-brand syndicated knock-off of an episode of "24," and is jammed full of know-it-all shithead characters (I counted at least three in that short amount of time).  I get it, profiling seems really cool when you want to pigeonhole people really quickly on the basis of next to nothing!  But I'm not going to waste my time with a movie that sullies the reputation of a legitimately great movie, and is full of characters who are all apparently two levels dumber than they think they are (and this isn't being played for laughs, either).

Just watch the Matthew Broderick "WarGames" over again rather than bother with this.  You'll be glad you did.

NIL / 5 - TV

No comments:

Post a Comment